Eating vegetables is an incredibly important part of your daily nutrition, they provide sources of many nutrients (including potassium, fibre and vitamin A&C to name a few), helps to maintain healthy blood pressure and reduce blood cholesterol levels.
Vegetables also help to keep eyes, skin, teeth and gums healthy. Some vegetables I recommend incorporating in your daily diet are;
• BROCCOLI: regulate blood pressure, bone health and prevention of osteoporosis
• CARROTS: improves vision, promotes healthier skin and cleanses the body
Snacks! An important part of your nutrition yet a lot of confusion hangs around snacking throughout the day.
Having snacks (otherwise known as small meals) is an effective way to add extra nutrients into your day, prevent over eating at mealtimes and it helps to keep your blood sugars level.
You shouldn't snack right before a meal and keep your size to around 420kj (100c).
There's a lot of myth surrounding eating after dinner and that you shouldn't but the simple fact is: calories affect your body the same way at any time of the day.
If you are legitimately hungry at night, it's fine to have a small, nutritious snack. If you're eating due to boredom, emotional triggers or if you're snacking on empty calories, it's unhealthy.Snacks should be kept to 420kj (100c).
Instructions for the Lettuce:
1. When cutting, keep approximately 2 inches of the base intact.
2. Set the lettuce on its base in a glass with ½ inch of water, and place it in sunlight. Change the water every day.
3. After 5-7 days, some new leaves should have begun to sprout from the center, and roots should be forming. Transfer it to soil and you can begin harvesting leaves when they reach 6-8 inches tall.
While dried bananas are a no-go zone, a little bit of fresh banana is absolutely fine. That’s because unlike dried fruit, the fructose in fresh fruit is bound up with water and other good stuff that slows the sugar dumpage on your liver.
Bananas are a little higher on the fructose-o-meter though, so stick to half a banana per serve.
“Grate” news! Cheese and other dairy isn’t off the menu when you quit sugar.
Pour a small amount of spirit of hartshorn (an aqueous solution of ammonia) into a container and leave it overnight in the switched-off oven. Air the room in the morning, and then wash the oven. The dirt will come off easily. The smell will disappear shortly. Just make sure you have the windows open while you’re doing it, and wear rubber gloves the whole time.