1 tablespoon Rice Malt Syrup
1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups Almond Meal
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch Sea Salt
50g 85–90% Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
Thickened Cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
2. Place a small skillet on the stove on low to medium heat. Add in butter, rice malt syrup and vanilla and stir until melted together. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Crack egg into skillet and lightly whisk with a fork to combine. Add in almond meal, baking powder and sea salt and stir until you form a batter. Fold through the chocolate pieces.
4. Flatten the mixture around the skillet with a spatula. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, until very lightly brown on top.
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve immediately with thickened cream.